Walk or run to support Fair Maps and a Clean Missouri! Register: https://www.active.com/clayton-mo/running/distance-running-races/fair-maps-for-missouri-5k-2018
Do you want to pick who represents YOU in the Missouri legislature?
Political insiders draw lines to re-elect Missouri politicians—even if they haven’t represented the best interests of their constituents. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
We’ll have fun AND ensure voters can pick politicians—not the other way around!
Sunday, September 23, 2018
8:00 a.m. 5K Race: 3.1 mile course. Chip timed and competitive.
8:15 a.m. 1-mile Fun Run/Walk/Jog/Skip/Stroll, untimed, non-competitive.
Caleres parking lot | Corner of Gay & Maryland
Clayton, MO 63105
Former Sen. Bob Johnson (R-Lee’s Summit) & Former Sen. Joan Bray (D-St. Louis)
Notes: No dogs, rollerblades, bikes, skates or skateboards permitted on course. Strollers are welcome! In the event of severe weather, race start times may be delayed.
Virtual Race: Don’t want to get up early? Want to support the Fair Maps 5K from afar? Sign up to be a virtual runner! A virtual race is a race in which you can run (or walk) from any location you choose. You can run or jog, and you can walk on the road, trail, treadmill, track, at the gym or even at another race! You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself. Your registration fee will still support Clean Missouri; we will mail your shirt to you. Select “virtual runner” during the registration process.
All proceeds from this volunteer-organized event support the Clean Missouri initiative, which will:
* lower campaign contribution limits for state legislative candidates
* eliminate almost all lobbyist gifts in the General Assembly
* require politicians to wait two years before becoming lobbyists
* require that legislative records be open to the public
* ensure that neither political party is given an unfair advantage when new maps are drawn after the next census, by asking a nonpartisan expert to draw fair and competitive legislative district maps, which would then be reviewed by a citizen commission
And then sign up to volunteer: http://bit.ly/FairMaps5KVolunteer